Monday, February 27, 2017

A Magical Trip

Guys: John and I recently got back from the most magical trip - to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  Seriously - it was glorious.  I am just gonna give a brief recap because I could gab on about it for a looong time!  :)

We flew out Monday morning bright and early (actually it was quite dark because we left St. Joe promptly at 1AM, haha!  We headed to O'Hare and parked in the boonies to catch our flight.  We landed in Orlando and took an Uber to our hotel.  The hotel was nice - nothing fancy but it suited our needs.  It had a pool, but it was outdoors and wasn't heated, so we didn't actually end up using it.  But that's okay.

Monday after John took a snooze and I hit the treadmill, we ended up walking to Universal and exploring City Walk.  It was so fun!  We just hit the shops, ate some food, and played a game of mini golf (I won!).  It was a fun night.  John introduced me to chess on this trip, so we crashed kind of early after all our travel and played a few rounds of chess on our phones.  It was fun!  (I have yet to win a game, but I am absolutely loving it!).

Tuesday was THE BEST day ever!  I donned my Gryffindor robe which Mike and Ashley got me for my birthday, complete with an awesome tie, and had my wand in hand.  John got a wand too, and off we went!  Here are a few pics to share in the joy:






I just cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful of a day it was.  We had butterbeer (which wasn't as wonderful as I was hoping, actually - but still good), we rode magical rides, we walked around and shared in the joy of other fellow Harry Potter aficionados.  It was glorious.  Best day ever!

Wednesday we lazed around a bit.  I went for another run (who am I?!)  Then we took an Uber to Disney Springs.  We walked around the shops and did some exploring.  We went to Disney Quest which is essentially 4 floors of arcades!  That was fun.  One of my favorite things there was where you create your own roller coaster ride and then you get to ride it!  We thought it was all virtual, but for the flips/turns, you actually FLIP upside down!  Haha, we didn't realize that until the end, so we ended up turning upside down 6 times!  It was great fun.

Wednesday night we got all gussied up and went to a fancy dinner.  We went to a Japanese steak house and sat with a super fun group of people and our chef was very entertaining.  A memorable night was had by all.  A great way to wrap up the trip, for sure.

Thursday was another day of travel.  We left the hotel around 10 and were on our way back to the mitten state.  It was a quick trip but so worth it.  I am so glad I pinched my pennies for this one.  I have dreamed of HP world for so long and the dream finally came true!  With a dreamy guy, no less!  ;)

0 comments: